The magical possibilities of ordinary things served as an inspiration for Media Molecule’s hit PlayStation Vita adventure Tearaway, according to creative lead Rex Crowle.
Speaking at the DICE convention in Las Vegas today, Crowle talked about “using the ordinary to create extraordinary.” Tearaway, one of Polygon’s top ten games of 2013, takes place in a world made of paper and utilizes many of PlayStation Vita’s hardware functionality like the camera and back touchpad.
"We try to merge the player’s world with the world that they are playing with, to make something interesting out of the mundane," said Crowle. "We used paper but there are a lot of other materials available and I am sure players are delighted by them, rather than just another slippy-slidey world."
21 Notes/ Hide
- emmadreamstar reblogged this from polygondotcom
- tearawaygame likes this
- littlemissmitchi likes this
- gamingfeminism reblogged this from polygondotcom
- gold-slugs likes this
- laughaswhaleslaugh reblogged this from polygondotcom
- wizeguy22 reblogged this from polygondotcom
- dovachevre likes this
- anthgirl07 likes this
- saccharinesickness likes this
- eleba45000 likes this
- alunex likes this
- kingandcrook likes this
- julialiddell likes this
- pablojavier reblogged this from polygondotcom
- jennamoorhouse likes this
- bobbomb reblogged this from polygondotcom
- dukedesilver likes this
- emopumpkin likes this
- polygondotcom posted this